Thursday, December 8, 2011

New Stair Brackets - Yay!!

I know this is not very exciting but we just replaced all of our stair mounting brackets.  Everyday when I came home from work and walked up the stairs, I was faced with looking at these ugly things.


These are just terrible.  They have paint on them from the previous owners and I hate gold / brass whatever.  I think the brass makes it look dated.  Except we have brass on our front door and I love it.  We have changed a lot of our door hardware in the house from old brass to Venetian Bronze.  The Bachelor We haven't done the hinges yet so in the meantime, I have just painted them white.
We wanted our Handrails to have hardware to match.  Originally we were going to get the same style until we spotted these babies.  I know the color is slightly different but you can't tell, the picture makes it look worse than it really is.  

I actually really like these.  The only downside was there was a lot of this....


None of the holes lined up or were covered by the hardware.  We even had to patch the railing.  We did one by one and eventually finished both of our railing's.


Ahhhh.... so much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment