Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Displaying Postcards

My Sister enjoys collecting Antique Postcards but she was at a loss on how to display them.  She wanted something a little more creative than just hanging them in frames.  In addition, she wanted to make them interchangeable   I have seen them in so many different ways.

Like this cool banner from Design*Sponge.

Design*Sponge
Personally, I just tend to jam them in the edges of my mirrors until I get tired of looking at them and then I file them away for my keepsakes.

We decided that we would build a frame with some wire that we could use a clothespin to hold them on.  We built the frame using 2x2 boards.



She had a couple requests, one that it needed to hold about 30 postcards and she wanted it painted a burnt orange.  I already owned a orange color paint at home from when we painted our laundry room.  It isn't burnt orange but at least it is in the orange family.

Then we used eye hooks at the end where we tied the wire into the frame.  You have to pull the wire super hard to get it straight.  Of course once it's get bent, it is never going straight again.



We used the clothespin's to hold the postcard in place.


So.... here is the final project.


I think it turned out pretty well.  It also is located in a good area where her postcards can be a conversation piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment