So in order to install the new artwork, I installed just your standard picture framing hardware. The package comes with these super tiny nails so it is near impossible to nail them in and hold them at the same time, hence the reason why the hardware is installed crooked.
Here is my wonderful boyfriend installing it for me.
|This only took two tries.|
So before I moved in, this is what the Living Room typically looked like. Standard sectional, which we still have. There were vertical metal blinds that were original to the home, uck!. And of course what guy doesn't use TV Trays...
Although it is still a work in progress, the living room is getting better. Here is a partial shot of the living room now with the new art work. (The coffee table was crazy messy with the paper and magazines)
Ultimately we want to fill up this wall with a collage of things. I am on the lookout for a ceramic animal head of some sort among some other things.
Here is a close up.
The paint is a faint lime green from Benjamin Moore in Semi-Gloss. I used a 1/2" brush to write the letters. The stain was the standard Minwax in Dark Walnut, I love this color.