Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Using Wooden Pallets as Wall Art - Part 1

Lately, I have seen a trend where people are using wooden pallets as wall art.  I have seen people use them to hang pictures on.  I have seen objects or words painted on them.  I have even seen them used as furniture, which reminds me of when I used to sleep on a futon in college.

The wall area above our couch is fairly large and in desperate need of something.  I would like to have a pallet with writing on it, an inspiration saying or multiple phrases.  I saw some examples in One Kings Lane and Pottery Barn. What do you think about this one from One Kings Lane, I like it.


We were able to recreate the one above with some 1x2's and wood shims.  My bf put most of this together for me.  I attempted to use the nail gun again.  In the past, I have not had much luck with the nail gun.  I get more nails popping out in different directions than straight.  Given this was suppose to have a rustic look, it worked out.  I stained it a dark walnut color because I already had some that I have used in other projects.  Also, I switched the direction because I think it will work better in our space if it was horizontal.


So here is my home made wooden pallet.  Now if I can just get some inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment